sábado, 10 de agosto de 2013

Sweet Potato Mochi

Review nr. 36!! Once again guys, so sorry for not keeping my regular writing schedule, today I'll do 3 reviews to make it up! (hope that's ok, I've been trying my best to keep these going :x)
 To kick things off, I'll keep exploring the wonderfully fluffy world of Mochi! This time with sweet potato mochi!
So, I've tried sweet potatoes before, roasted or fried, I like them. But it's kind of a luck thing, when they are really nice and sweet, they are amazing, when they're not, they kind of taste like carrots (which I hate). Anyways, lets review!

Packaging: These come in a cardboard board with orange edges, a lovely picture of two mochi rolls and some "splashing milk"? as well as some little sweet potatoes. Inside, there is a plastic tray, covered by a clear plastic bag with some white bubbles drawn on it, with 5 mochi.

The Mochi: these mochi aren't balls like the other kinds I tried. They have more of a cilinder shape to them. They are a light yellow on the outside and have an orange and a whitish cream inside, which I supose are the sweet potato filling and whip cream.

Flavour: These...are not that interessting actually... the textural part is just like any other kind of mochi, same squichy consistensy. The flavour of the rice paste is the regular startchy, semi-flavourless one, the inside tastes very slightly like sweet potato, you can't taste the cream at all. I find them very bland, but my mom seems to like them.

Rating: 6 out of 10
Overall, not my favourite, but if you really like sweet potatoe, give them a shot.

Store: Supermercado Chen

Price: 2,50 euros


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário