sábado, 3 de agosto de 2013

Hawthorn Sweets

 Review nr. 32!! Guys, today I'm talking about something that I knew very little about and had to do a little google research before reviewing it.
So, these sweets are called hawthorn pieces. The hawthorn is a common plant in asia and europe which produces red "berry" like fruits called haws (I've seen these plants around, but I always thought the berries were poisonous...). These sweets are made out of dried jam made with the haws. They suposedly have medicinal porpuses (good for people with hearth problems) and are categorized as "health food". Anyways, let's review it!

Packaging: These come in a clear plastic box with about 4 clear plastic bags. Great to bring in your bag as a quick snack and great portion control.

The Sweets: The sweets are thin, reddish brown, coin like circles of leathery, dried fruit, with some sugar cristals. They smell kind of coppery.

The Flavour: At first, I'm not gonna lie, these taste like rust, a lot. It's disgusting. But then the fruit flavour comes out and it's a mix between marmalade and raisens. Not my favourite thing ever...but not that bad (my parents love these though)

Rating: 6 out of 10
Overall, not my thing, I think it's more of an old people's healthy type snack. If you have a heart problem though, maybe give them a try.

Store: Supermercado Chen

Price: 0,95 euros

2 comentários:

  1. "I think it's more of an old people's healthy type snack" - I would definitely love this xD

    ResponderEliminar